Rwanda Gorilla Safaris, Wildlife and Primate Safaris
East To West Safaris helps you arrange Gorilla safaris Rwanda tours, Uganda, and Congo where we provide you the best tailor-made itineraries to help you plan your visit to a thousand hills country and across East African countries. We have made it easy for you to find a car for hire, Hotel booking and gorilla permits in Rwanda for tourists visiting gorillas in Rwanda & Uganda. We deliver all of those services in the time of an eye blink. Do not hesitate to contact us for gorilla trekking Rwanda!
Arriving at Kigali International Airport,
After confirming to travel Rwanda with us, you will be surprised by our driver or tour guides with a warm welcome to pick you and take you to your chosen place to stay in Kigali. If you have rented a car from us we will leave you the key and your chosen self-drive car or chauffeur drive car you rented and start to explore Rwanda on your pace as the best traveler where you will be free to stop over whenever you want. Our Car Rental will be taking you to National Parks and everywhere you wish to be whether it’s a wildlife safari, Gorilla safaris Rwanda or Primate safaris.
Driving in Kigali, Rwanda
Before you drive in Rwanda you must be 18 years old at least and have your international driving license. In addition, you need to know that the maximum speed allowed in Rwanda is 80km/h and the regular is 50km/h.
Top Destinations in Rwanda
Gorillas in Rwanda
There are 880 mountain gorillas left in the world, and half of that population resides in the Virunga Mountain range spanning Rwanda, Uganda, and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Gorillas are one of Rwanda’s greatest tourist attractions as well as animal conservation success stories. Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda can only be done in Volcanoes National Park; which is located in Musanze District in the north of the country, that is 116km/72miles and 2 hours drive from the capital city Kigali. Mountain gorillas are endangered species, there are 11 gorilla families in Rwanda and When tracking gorillas in Rwanda, it’s possible to request to visit a specific group once you are at the park headquarters, but this can never be guaranteed. Seeing mountain gorillas in the wild is unforgettable, and planning a trip to Rwanda is easier than ever. Check out our tips and tricks to plan the trip of a lifetime trip and hiking with endangered mountain gorillas in Rwanda, Uganda, and DRC. Book your gorilla tours Rwanda trips with us!.
Chimpanzee Tracking in Rwanda
The chimp trekking in Nyungwe Forest National Park sets off from three reception centers; Kitabi, Uwinka (main) and Gisakura where tourists can meet the park ranger guides. The tourists are expected to be at the reception center as early as 4.30am and at 5 am drive to the starting point of the trek into the forest. Because the chimps nest somewhere new every night, there are trackers who go ahead of the trekking group to find them and communicate with the ranger guides. Tourists spend only one hour with the chimpanzees in Nyungwe Forest National Park and get to observe them closely going about their lives and see the human-like features and behavior that make them our closest relatives with 98.7% DNA. Every now and then the chimps communicate by way of deafening screams, loud pant hoots and thunderous slapping of the tree barks and buttresses.
Gorilla Tours Rwanda and Uganda
East to West Safaris helps you plan gorilla tours Rwanda and gorilla trekking Rwanda, Uganda and D.R.Congo for travellers looking for gorilla trekking Rwanda safaris and Gorilla habituation experience in both countries Rwanda and Uganda. Furthermore, Gorilla trekking is the most attraction for tourists across East-African countries especially in Rwanda and Uganda.
Both countries are the safest countries to track mountain gorillas – neither country has its African versions of drive-by shootings, gun-ownership is quite limited here, and one of the safest places to be in either Uganda or Rwanda is on a Gorilla Trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Park, Mgahinga Gorilla Park, and Volcanoes National Park. Book for gorilla tours Rwanda with East To West Safaris Now!.
Gorilla Tracking Guidelines
- Visiting time is limited to one hour.
- Spitting in the park is strictly prohibited.
- Maximum 8 visitors per group.
- Should you need to cough, cover your mouth and turn away from the gorillas.
- Visitors are asked to maintain a distance of 7m from the gorillas. If you are sick with a cold or other contagious illness, please do not visit the gorillas.
- When with the gorillas, keep your voice low.
- Try not to make rapid movements that may frighten the gorillas.
- If a gorilla should charge or vocalize at you, do not be alarmed, stand still, look away from the gorilla and follow your guide’s directions.
- Do not litter.(when on your gorilla tours Rwanda/Uganda)
Useful Info; Gorilla Trekking Rwanda
- The climate in Musanze is changeable and you can generally expect both sun and rainfall during the day.
- There is no need for concern about personal security, the security of our visitors is our highest priorities.
- Musanze, at 1,700m above sea level, is generally quite cold, particularly in the evening, so warm clothing is advised.
- Recommended clothing is long trousers and shirts when in the forest to avoid nettle stings.
- Study walking shoes or hiking boots are essential. You may find raingear useful.
- Bring a water bottle and a small snack although eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden.
- Photography is permitted, although keep your flashlight off.
- Mountain gorillas live at high altitude and this may cause difficulties for some visitors. You should pace yourself, walk slowly and drink plenty of water. No one should feel deterred from making this trip.
- Porters are available to help you carry your daypack for a small charge.